- This event has passed.
NAMI Family & Friends
July 27 @ 6:30 am – 8:30 am
NAMI Family & Friends is a FREE 2-hour seminar that informs people who have loved ones with a mental health condition how to best support them. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people in similar situations and gain community and support.
The seminar is led by trained people with lived experience of supporting a family member with a mental health condition. They will walk you through the following topics:
- Understanding diagnoses, treatment and recovery
- Effective communication strategies
- The importance of self-care
- Crisis preparation strategies
- NAMI and community resources